Health Mirror provides to a subscribing provider a comprehensive set of patient education videos from different sources, customized to meet a practices’ preferences and priorities, using standardized vetting for usefulness and take-home points. The multimedia content is patient specific, targeted according to symptoms, diagnoses, and demographics. It displays where and when it’s needed on patient’s devices or in the exam room, according to the subscriber’s workflow and capacity. Health Mirror reinforces meaningful use measures and has demonstrated improvement in clinical quality measures within just 3 months of implementation. It provides a consistent patient education message across your ambulatory health care enterprise.
Year Founded: 2011
Number of Employees: 10 full and part time employed/ independent contractors
Funding Stage: Early Stage/ Angel
Current Needs: $1.2M - 1.5M
Results to Date:
- 200,000+ videos from over 500+ multimedia titles displayed to waiting patients, each rated for usability and action-ability, from multiple patient education sources.
- Three years of alpha/beta testing with secure Windows, iOS and Android applications for display in the outpatient setting.
- Six installations on over 20 devices at five primary care and one wound care site.
- Improved cancer screening and immunization rates of 4.2% to 13.5% demonstrated within three months of implementation at advanced care (NCQA PCMH Level 3) site.
- EHR integration with finalization of testing with Allscripts Professional EHR.
- Nationwide dealer network agreement with Healthcare Information L.L.C. (2/2015)
- Integration agreement with Access My Records patient portal, presently to 11,000 patients.
We anticipate, at a monthly subscription of $30-$40 per device, within 3 years, $10-$12M in annual sales, with capturing 3-4% of the outpatient Mid-Atlantic provider market alone. Additional sales would be captured from subscriptions to wound care centers, through patient portal vendors and third party application development networks, with EHR integrations, and through remote devices monitoring and custom content creation services.
Access My Records
Primary Company Contact:
Joe Weidner, Jr. MD
CEO / Founder
Secondary Company Contact:
Vice President / Founder